Here are our 10 top tips for making sure yours gets you noticed:
1. Create killer subject lines and headings to increase open rates – First impressions count! In this instance people will always judge a book by its cover.
2. What’s the magic word? – Used correctly, certain words have the power to really make people take notice. Free, Discover, Save, Easy, New, Amazing, Now, Value, Proven, these are all words proven to catch people’s attention.
3. Check your stats – Make sure you are reviewing open and click rates so you can find out what is and isn’t working for you.
4. Is it mobile friendly? – So much information is consumed on the go nowadays that it would be disastrous if all the hard work you’ve put in to your newsletter is lost because people can’t read it easily.
5. No off-putting hard sales – Think 90% interesting info versus 10% promotion.
6. Readability – To maximise engagement sentences should be around 20 words or less, written in simple and digestible language making use of connecting words. Keep it to about 3 or 4 paragraphs and add visuals to enhance your content.
7. Mailchimp is your friend – We at Cornberry love using the marketing platform Mailchimp to manage our clients Email Marketing. It has so many great user-friendly features and makes it easy to create professional, engaging content.
8. Keep it consistent – Monthly is ideal, using a content planner can help keep you on a roll. Use relevant themes and keep it current!
9. Structure – Think a catchy headline; tell a balanced, informative and interesting story; end with a good conclusion, including a call to action such as linking to your website or blog or getting in touch.
10. GDPR compliance – Make sure your email contact list has ‘opted-in’ to hear from you and make sure you include an easy unsubscribe feature. Here is a quick link to a guide on GDPR for small businesses here.
We at Cornberry have the skills and expertise to make sure your Email Newsletter gets the attention it deserves – get in touch to find out how we can help! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01428 651709.